The events industry in the UK has ground to a halt in the last six months with the major exhibition centres around the country closing their doors due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Many of these venues were even used as makeshift hospital wards – with the Excel exhibition centre in London converted into the NHS Nightingale Hospital.
However, thanks to the falling transmission rate, trade shows and other events have been given the go-ahead by the government for a tentative restart from 1st October.
Olympia, London to get the ball Rolling
Excel London is one of the UK’s leading exhibition venues and is planning to restart events from 1st October 2020, with the following events set to take place in the first month:
- 2nd – 3rd October: The Property Investor Show 2020
- 5th – 6th October: British-Irish Airports Expo 2020
- 6th – 7th October: ELRIG Drug Discover 2020
- 10th – 12th October : Salon International 2020
- 11th – 12th October: Professional Beauty London 2020
- 14th – 15th October: Women in Business Expo South
- 17th – 18th October:The National Wedding Show
Jeremy Rees, CEO, ExCeL London said of the upcoming restart:
“The vast majority of the venue (90 per cent) has been restored to its original state, with the remaining space secured as equipment storage for NHS Nightingale. This ongoing support will not impact the normal operation of our venue and we look forward to hosting safe, secure, and successful business events and conferences from 1st October onwards.”
A New Industry-Wide Safety Benchmark
One thing is for sure, events are certain to look a lot different from the pre-Covid world, with strict hygine and social distancing measures to create a safe environment. Excel have been working closely with the AEV (Association of Event Venues) to create a new industry-wide benchmark called the All Secure Standard to assist with the industry re-opening.
These reopening guidelines include new rules around hygiene, social distancing and cleaning regimes including the following:
- Multiple, distinct entrances to the venue to allow for social distancing.
- Increased ventilation.
- Food & beverage suppliers maintain strict hygiene guidelines.
- New cleaning procedures run at regular intervals
- Hand sanitiser available at multiple points on-site.
Contact Display Wizard Today for all your Exhibition Stand needs at Excel, London
Although it’s likely to be a very different experience, we look forward to the reopening of the venue and providing exhibition stands for our customers new and old.
Alongside this, we also offer an exhibition stand design and build service, where we construct the stand for you at the event. There is a lot of new guidance around exhibition stand constructors adhering to advice around PPE and social distancing, and you can rest assured we will be following these new measures closely.
Please get in touch today with the Display Wizard team for all of your exhibition stand needs.