The Tradeshow Access Programme (TAP) is a UK government scheme where businesses can receive financial support for exhibiting at overseas tradeshows and conferences.
How does the Programme Work?
The UK government has an approved list of overseas trade shows in a variety of different sectors which they will provide funding for, they have a calendar of approved TAP events here.
You will also be supported by a TAP Trade Challenge Partner, which varies according to the event – these are industry specialists who advise on the scheme on behalf of the Department of International Trade (DIT).
What does the Grant Cover?
The TAP can support your business with a grant for your exhibiting costs between £500 – £2500, you will need to discuss the specific level of support available with your Trade Challenge Partner. Exhibiting costs can vary, but may include:
- Cost of Booking your exhibiting space
- Exhibition Stand Design & Build costs – you are free to choose your preferred Exhibition Stand Design supplier for this.
- Direct Conference costs, if the purpose is to promote your business (eg. Cost of promotional material for the conference)
Your TAP Trade Challenge Partner will also be able to help you with advice on how to maximise your presence at the event and other queries you may have, particularly useful if it’s your first time exhibiting. These may include:
- Mentoring your staff on exhibiting at the event
- Working with the show organiser to include your business in the show catalogue
- Having an on-site presence in the UK pavilion, also helping you meet other TAP participants
- Use of DIT/GREAT/HM Government branding
Eligibility & Application
There is a range of criteria which your business must fulfil in order to be eligible for the TAP programme. A single organisation is limited to using the programme funding for a maximum of 6 times.
The eligibility criteria is constantly changing so you will need to check the DIT website to make sure your busines or organisation qualifies for the funding.
To apply, simply contact the TAP trade challenge partner leading the show, this information is available on the supported event calendar.
Exhibition Stand Design & Build Services for Overseas Trade Shows