2016/2017 Graphic Design Competition
To enter the competition, you need to design the following display stands focussing on the social/cultural benefits of studying at your University/College.
In your designs, please try and create stands which showcase the best social/cultural aspects of studying at your University/College. You need to ensure the branding is consistent across the display stands and the design fits with the dimensions of the stand, whilst all the time trying to appeal to prospective students who may want to study at your institution.
To be eligible you will also need to provide a 250-300 word description which explains the inspiration for your designs and how you think it will stimulate interest in your institution and its city.
Please use the two display stand templates below for your design. Any images/logos you use in your artwork will need to be high-resolution (preferably vectorised) images set up at a minimum of 300dpi. Save and send your artwork through as a print-ready PDF.
2. Judging & Prizes
Three winners will be chosen from the submitted entries by a 4-man panel made up of graphic designers and design professionals from Display Wizard.
The winners will be evaluated on how their design/essay conveys the following: consistent branding across displays; appeal to prospective students and consideration of the stand dimensions in the design proposal.
University/College Prizes (To be awarded to the institution of the winning students)
The scholarship is open to all undergraduate or postgraduate students taking part in an art, graphic design, visual communication, creative advertising or marketing course at a UK-based University or College. Proof of student status needs to be provided with application.
To apply, please submit your designs for the two display stands along with your accompanying essay using the brief above any time before the 1st May 2017.
You can submit your essay and 2 designs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and educational institution when submitting your design. If you have any questions on the competition please use the same address.
5. Spread the Word!
We would greatly appreciate it if you could help to promote this competition by featuring it on your website's news, events or blog.
By mentioning the www.displaywizard.co.uk site from your online presence you'll help us ensure we can continue to offer the competition to students next year.
For inspiration, think about your own experiences at the University/College and, in particular, how a sense of community is created there. What makes being a student at your institution so special from a social perspective? Why would a prospective student want to stay on your campus or live in your city?
For more ideas on successful designs, please see our gallery of winning competition designs 2015/2016. If you want to see a general overview of how to design an exhibition stand, please see our guide on designing the perfect exhibition stand.
Terms & Conditions
- Only one application per student per academic year.
- The prizes will be sent to the winners within 30 days of the competition winner being announced.
- By submitting your application you provide permission for Display Wizard to use your name and successful design for promotional purposes.
- Unsuccessful entries will not be showcased and the designs/essays will not be shared outside of the judging panel.
- There is no cash alternative available for the graphics tablet.
- Any internship offered will be on a voluntary basis and therefore the intern will not be entitled to any compensation.
- The tablet will be a Wacom Intuous Pro medium tablet which has a maximum value of £299.99. This tablet cannot be traded/exchanged for any other model and is not available for joint entrants.